Depression is one of the most common mood disorders suffered by millions of individuals around the United States.
Everyone feels down or low every once in a way; that being the human nature. Some people, however, experience these feelings intensely for a more extended period such as for weeks or months, even years and sometimes for no valid reason.
Depression, however, is more than just a mood experienced when you feel low. It is a severe condition that could affect the mental and even physical health of a person.
What is the root cause of Depression ?
The root cause of the condition cannot entirely be comprehended and may not come down to a single source. There could be a variety of complex factors contributing to it for getting triggered such as
• The environment of the individual could affect his/her mental status.
• Changes in the structure of the brain.
• Psychological changes.
• Social surrounding of the individual.
However, there are people who would presumably be at a higher risk of being affected by this condition and include risk factors such as
Depression symptoms could vary from person to person and could either be mild or incredibly severe. Symptoms include
Depression could often be misunderstood with sadness. The process of grieving is natural for each person and does share similar features. However, the severity is far greater for depression than it is for simply being sad.
So how can a condition as dangerous as this be prevented?
There isn’t a sure way to prevent this condition. However, there a few strategies that can be taken to tone it down before it gets worse. These strategies include
• Steps should be taken to balance out stressful activities. Finding ways to increase self-esteem and boost resilience.
• Reaching out to family members and friends could have a positive impact on the mental health status of an individual.
• Getting help at the earliest possible time could help avoid symptoms from getting worse.
• Relapse from this condition can be avoided by considering getting treatment for the long run.
Working towards recovery through Silver Lining Psychiatry
Silver Lining Psychiatry is a Psychiatric organization based in Orlando, Florida that offers individuals the help they need. Through the specialization and expertise of our staff and outstanding mental health care, each patient would receive the best service they require. Through psychiatric evaluation and medication management, an effective treatment plan would be established in a way that is beneficial towards the health and personal goals of our patients.